Hey everyone! I’m sorry for my lack of posts lately. I haven’t stopped and I’m currently writing this post from on holiday in Manchester. I’ve ended up helping with the cooking today at lunch by making the salad to go with my meat-feast vegan pizza.
I wanted to try something that I saw be done at my dad’s house a few months ago. I’ve become obsessed with this ever since I saw it be done so I was happy I managed to get to do it today for lunch. I ended up making a simple salad and then adding apple to give a kick of taste. It was really refreshing and enjoyable to go with the ridiculously hot weather here in the UK right now! This is how I did it:
- Half an apple
- Two handfuls of water cress
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- Quarter of a red pepper
- Half an avocado
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Lemon juice
- Rip your lettuce into small bits to make a thin layer at the bottom of the plate along with the water cress.
- Cut your cherry tomatoes in half, cut your cucumber, avocado and red pepper into small chunks and add to the bowl.
- Cut your apple into thin slices and put it in the bowl.
- Mix all of the ingredients in the bowl to get a variation of foods when the salad is dished out.
- Finally, add a generous amount of lemon juice and sprinkle on some sea salt and black pepper to add an extra kick of taste.