(Written recipe below)
Happy Monday Friends! ✨
If you follow me on any of my social media then you’ll already know by now that I love creating new (and maybe slightly unconventional) meals by mixing English & Japanese ingredients & cooking techniques!
You guys seem to really like them so today I’m sharing with you a super delicious & easy meal that I’ve been enjoying loads over this winter season! ❄️
You will need:
- Half a large onion
- 1 Aubergine
- 1 Pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- Soy sauce
- Rice wine vinegar / sake wine
- Crushed garlic / 2-3 cloves of garlic
- Noodles of choice (I recommend udon or rice noodles)
- Salt & pepper
- Kelp powder
- Tofu (chopped into squares)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Dice your onion & fry in a large pan in extra virgin olive oil until cooked through
- Cut your other vegetables & heat them with the onion
- Combine the tin of chopped tomatoes
- Add a generous splash of soy sauce along with the rice wine vinegar / sake wine & garlic.
- Mix everything together to heat through.
- Now pop your noodles into the pan and mix together.
- Season to your taste with salt, pepper, paprika & kelp powder.
- Finally, scoop it into a bowl, delicately place the tofu to the side of the bowl & sprinkle sesame seeds on top!